Virtual Mental Health
That feels like In-Person
The greatest thing about tough times is that there is always a lesson. We can always find some good in what appears to be bad. During the tough Covid-19 period, we all had to make so many adjustments. The more we adjusted, the more we learned that Virtual Therapy allowed us to reach and help so many more people!! It has been such a success, we decided to keep it. Choosing Empowerment is now Virtual Therapy only.
Here are some important things to know about Virtual Therapy Services.
1. Virtual Therapists can only provide services in states where they are licensed (That's Texas and Louisiana for us).
2. Virtual therapy is NOT appropriate for some conditions and situations. (Serious Psychiatric Conditions or high crisis situations)
3. We all know how technology can sometimes fail to do what we want it to do. Be aware that this can also interfere with sessions. (lags in the video, echoes, internet issues, and don't forget security breaches and hackers).
On the other end, there are many advantages:
1. Location, Location, Location. You get to stay where you are and just turn on your laptop, phone, or tablet. No traveling to get there or back home.
2. Speaking of being at home, you are more likely to be more comfortable in your own environment?
3. You can wear your flip-flops, socks, and pants are optional (just keep the camera on the top half) lol
4. And now, most, if not all, insurance companies pay for virtual services (even if they didn't before our massive quarantine).
We see it as a WIN-WIN!!
We get to break more barriers and you get more
Programs and Services
A 15-minute Video consultation during which we will chat about your needs and barriers to find the best way to start your journey to wellness. This also gives you an opportunity to see if you vibe with the therapist. Think of it as a Trailor (preview) for therapy.
A 50-minutes one-on-one Virtual session through Video Chat, Phone or Secure Messenger
Shawnnell (LPC) $145 Insurance accepted
Brittany (MH Skill Building) $60 (Out-of-Pocket only)
A 50-minute session with a counselor, designed specifically for couples, and since it is Virtual you do not need to physically be in the same space.
Shawnnell (LPC) $185 Insurance accepted
Brittany (MH Skills Building) $90 (Out-of-Pocket only)
A 50-minute virtual session with a counselor designed for two or more members of a family unit. Together we create a plan specific to your family's needs and goals.
See Counselor for Rate
60 - 90 min Group session of like individuals for the purpose of:
Self Reflection & Self Discovery
As it relates to the current topic of discussion
Rates start at $20/per session
Insurance NOT accepted for group at this time
See therapist for details
Types of Groups
Additional Services offered
Mental Health and Wellness Coaching
Once you have processed the who, what, when, WHY, and where, and you have learned some skills, coaching may be the next level. Coaching involves a game plan and a guide to the living practice of what you have learned. We set goals, evaluate the best method of practice and make things happen. If something doesn't work, we come back to the table, re-evaluate and go for it again until you achieve the goals that you planned for. I am your cheerleader and accountability partner.